As the great Bob Dylan once said, “The times they are A-Changin’”. Welcome to the digital era. We now live in a world where the internet has engulfed how people communicate, shop, promote, and market. The traditional newspaper, TV commercials, Radio PSA’s/ads, and billboards have seen a drastic decline over the last ten years. This has resulted in record setting foreclosures and bankruptcy for small-to-large-sized businesses’. Digital marketing is imperative to the overall success of a company in any industry.
One key reason digital marketing has become so successful is because it allows businesses’ to interact with their target audience in real time and engage with them in a meaningful way.
Here are some amazing 2018 statistics that show how significant the digital marketing realm is.
Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 88% of consumer local business searches on a mobile device either call or visit the business within 24 hours. (seoexpertbrad.com)
- 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information. (seoexpertbrad.com)
- 97% of people search online to find a local business (Source: Hubspot)
- As of June 2018, Google accounted for over 72.47% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Baidu at 13.47%, Bing at 7.64%, and Yahoo at 4.74%. (NetMarketShare)
- 72% of consumers, who search for local businesses, end up visiting stores within five miles. (Hubspot)
- 70% of customers visit a store based on information found online. (seoexpertbrad.com
- Between 20% and 25% of organic traffic converts to a lead. (seoexpertbrad.com)
- Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content. (Source: OrangeStar)
- Infographics help a business’s content stand out from the overabundance of plain text found across the internet. They offer original and engaging graphics that tend to be shared on social media more than any other type of visual content.
- 81% of marketers found increased traffic occurred with as little as six hours per week invested in social media marketing. (Source: Jigsaw Recruitment)
- There are 2.23 billion active monthly Facebook users and 336 million active monthly users on Twitter. Investing a few hours per week will be game-changing for your business.
- The average attention span in 2018 is eight seconds. (Source: Source Global Research)
- 40% of respondents want emails from brands to be less promotional and more informative. (Source: Adweek)
- People check their inbox an average of 74 times a day, and prefer receiving emails that are informative and relevant.
- The average person consumes 11.4 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision. (Source: LiveChatInc.com)
- People will do business with a brand only after they believe it is reliable and beneficial. To acquire new loyal customers, you will need to ensure your message is clear, concise and informative.
- 88% of marketers claim content as an evident part of marketing a business. (Source: Radiance Solution)
- Content enables marketers to make their business a visible presence, leverage the power of SEO, improves the brand’s credibility, and offers detailed information to the audience.
In retrospect, marketing has been revolutionized over the last 10 years. New multi-million dollar businesses are emerging every day because of their online prowess and virility. Ensure your company has a strong digital marketing campaign. Success is dependent upon it.