- Google responds to 3.5 billion searches daily
- The search engine industry is worth $65 billion. (2016)
- 91% of google users use search.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Search is the number #1 driver to content sites
- Content marketing trends lead to a 2000% increase in blog traffic
- 57% of B2B marketers say that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative
- Leads from search engines have a 14.6% close rate
- 56% of mobile searches are from users seeking local information such as business hours, directions and a physical address.
- 71% of the users who perform a local search visit a store within the 5 mile radius.
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase
- 85% of retailers surveyed claimed search marketing was the most effective customer acquisition tactic.
- On an average, 41% of clicks go to the top 3 paid ads on the search results page
- The average click through rate for an ad in the first position is 7.94%. An average click through rate is 2%.
- Paid search advertising expenditure touched $92.4 billion in 2017
SEO can be a game changing tactic for your business. If you have an online presence, your visibility is extremely important for your business to grow. The statistics above just go on to re-emphasize how Search, Paid search and SEO can help your potential clients and customers find you online and help you get ahead of your competition.